AUTHOR: kari leach TITLE: Thank you Monroe Post Office... DATE: 9/14/2010 03:44:00 PM ----- BODY:
Hey, Look what I got today....for FREE!!!  I went to the Post Office after work to mail some cards and because they were thick, I asked the nice lady behind the counter to see if extra postage was needed.  Honestly, is there anything worse than sending something "postage due"? 

"OH HI! Thanks for the beautiful card ...did you know it needed extra postage...I owed $0.17 when it came" (insert big ol' head slap!).  I know it sounds like I need better friends, but it's usually family providing comments like this...Whatcha gonna do?? 

Oh! I digress...so back to my story...Ms. Post Office slips the envelopes through a little do-hicky (see photo) and says, "Oh yes, you have something in here too thick." 
    I say "It's just a bow, it is squishable". 
   And she says, " Well, is it a hand-made card?"
   "Yes"
   "Well, you may want to avoid bows and put something on there a little less bulky", she says
    I think, but don't say "Are you crazy lady!!!!  NO BOW?!?!, that is like telling Mariah Carey not to sing so many high notes"
    But instead, I politely say, "Oh, well...um, where can I get one of those things you just used to check my cards?"
    She says, "Sure, let me go see if I have an extra in the back."
So she returns with this little treasure (see photo), and gives it to me for FREE.  Did I mention I got it for FREE yet?!?!  Obviously she isn't a scrapper, but she was very kind and she is my new best friend, because she gave me that do-hicky for FREE!  I'm thinkin' she SHOULD be a scrapper with a "can-do" attitude like that!
----- COMMENT: AUTHOR:Blogger Michelle DATE:9/14/2010 04:29:00 PM How awesome was that. Free!! Too bad there aren't more people like her :-) ----- --------